I usually am not going to write in such a first-person narrative. Of course, this blog is my platform to express my opinions and views but just for clarification, these types of blog posts are not what I’m striving for. But feel free to still enjoy my writing.
Hey my 5-23 readers/viewers (yes, I check my stats)! I have not posted in almost two weeks and for that I am very sorry. Again, to the 5-23 viewers that actually read this blog. Between my very hectic finals schedule and taking care of my very cute one-year-old child, I kept up with the latest Mexico-ish news but haven’t time to really post on it and process it the way games or other “in your face” news usually does.
Just think of this time you didn’t see me writing or shamelessly self-promoting myself on Twitter as a hiatus during the Thanksgiving Holiday the way that Stephen Colbert or The Daily Show does (yes… that totally was my approach).
With that being said, I finally have time to write and would like to give quick recaps to prove that I am a true fan and as a sports journalist focusing on El Tri, I am constantly thinking about these things on a daily basis:
1. I believe Chicharito is doing a phenomenal job on Real Madrid. The fact that Pellegrini is considering keeping him as more than just a loan is saying a lot.
2. Raul Jimenez and Ochoa finally starting for their teams a couple of weeks ago shows vast improvement from Mexicans going to Europe.
3. Hector Herrera is doing great things with Porto and being named on the UEFA’s Team of the Week for Champions League shows that his hard work is paying off. Expect more great things from the young midfielder.
5. Congrats to the younger guys and girls’ Mexico teams for winning gold in the XXII Juegos Centroamericanos. Plenty of talent for both the men and women's team to look at for possible upcoming World Cups.
6. Mexico's group for the Copà America was definitely expected and with them facing Chile, I expect Herrera to bring out a strong team in order for them to win the Cup and prove themselves a strong national team.
7. Miguel Herrera renewing his contract with the Mexican Futbol Federation was entirely expected but also very reassuring.
Como ya saben, se ratificó mi contrato con @miseleccionmx hasta Rusia 2018 y con esto ratifico mi compromiso con el equipo y con el país.— Miguel Herrera (@MiguelHerreraDT) December 5, 2014
Again, sorry I haven’t been on top of my blog posts. This blog is honestly one of my great creations and I want to keep nurturing it and growing; both the blog and myself as a sports journalist. School is over now and plenty of time for me to keep watching out for the bright future of both current and upcoming Mexican talent! Looking forward to it!
Thanks for stopping by!